The instructions below will guide you on how to drop a course from your Student Center. Please note that there are deadlines to when you can drop online or whether a Petition to Withdraw from an Individual Class is required. There are also deadlines for whether you will receive a "W" on your transcript or not. For those dates, please refer to the Academic Calendar You can also review our Withdrawal Information.
1. Log into your MySSU
2. From your MySSU homepage, select Student Center
3. Under Academics, there is a drop-down menu titled "Other Academic". Click on that drop-down and select Enrollment: Drop
4. You will be directed to Step 1 of 3. Please be sure to read all the information on this page. Once you have read everything, scroll down and select the course you wish to drop.
5. Click Drop Selected Classes to proceed to the next step.
6. Step 2 of 3 asks for you to confirm the classes you wish to drop. Click Previous if you want to change the class you want to drop. Click Finish Dropping to continue dropping the class you selected. If you select Cancel it will direct you back to Step 1. If you want to cancel out of the drop process as a whole, select Home located on the top right hand side of your screen.
7. Step 3 is a view of your results. A green checkmark next to the course means you have successfully dropped the course. If a red X appears, that means that you were not dropped from the course. An error message should accompany the status.
If you have any questions about the drop process, you can email email@example.com.