Effective Fall 2002, the following grades and grade abbreviations are in use.
|Grade||Grade Points||Included in GPA?|
|NC (No Credit)||0||No|
|WU (Unauthorized Withdraw)||0||Yes|
|IC (Incomplete Charged)||0||
Yes - Incompletes will be changed to an IC if not made up within one year.
|RD (Report Delayed)||0||No|
|RP (Report in Progress)||0||No|
|RPT (Repeated Course)||0||No|
|PRV (Provisional Graduate Credit)||0||No|
- Report in Progress (RP)
- RP is a temporary grade used in connection with courses that extend beyond one academic year. It indicates that work is in progress but that assignment of a final grade must await completion of additional work. Work is to be completed within one year except for graduate degree theses.
- Report Delayed (RD)
- RD is a temporary grade used when a grade has not yet been determined for the student or the instructor has been delayed in the grade reporting process.
- Withdrawal (W)
- W indicates that the student withdrew from the course after the end of the Add/Drop period, but before the end of the eighth week of instruction. It carries no connotation of quality of student performance and is not used in calculating grade point average.
- Withdrawal Unauthorized (WU)
- WU indicates that an enrolled student did not withdraw from the course and also failed to complete course requirements. It is used when, in the opinion of the instructor, completed assignments or course activities or both were insufficient to make normal evaluation of academic performance possible. For purposes of GPA computation, this symbol is equivalent to an F.
- Plus/Minus Notations
- A plus (+) notation adds .3 grade points and a minus (-) notation subtracts .3 grade points from grades A through D. There is no A+ grade.
- Excessive Units
- Grades indicated with an asterisk (*) before them are excessive units and are not counted in the amount of total units earned.